- TOGA - A 16-antenna triple frequency (L1/L2/L5) fully steerable phased array GPS/GNSS receiver for remote sensing of Earth’s atmosphere and oceans.
- LISA - Detecting gravitational waves. I’m currently designing electronics and software to phase lock two lasers together.
- PDH Laser Stabilization - Similar to the LISA laser phase locking project, this one stabilizes a single laser using the famous Pound-Drever-Hall laser stabilization technique.
- GRAIL - A GRAAIILLL? My group is working on the S-band and Ka-band payloads for GRAIL, I’m doing some signal processing on the S-band link.
Projects I did during my pre-JPL days:
- db2txt - ‘Sticky note’ manager – easy way to quickly store information away in a PostgreSQL DB for later retrieval (website coming soon)
- USB - High-speed (40MB/s) pipe for digital data into a Linux machine
- tle2azel - Satellite visibility tool, has the ability to generate az/el or ra/dec tables for objects
- gps2kml - Converts latitude/longitude/altitude to Google Earth’s KML format
- IF Playback - Play digital samples back through a D/A converter at up to 28MB/s.
- Loki - Bistatic GPS L1 software receiver built at the Univeristy of Colorado, Boulder.
- Three Corner Satellite
- Citizen Explorer Satellite
- Fire Monitoring UAV Avionics (FUAVA)
- Micro Air Vehicle (CMAV)
- OpenGPS - An open source GPS program